Qualifications of Dentist Offering IV Sedation Dentistry
To be able to provide intravenous sedation safely, both the dentist and the practice need to meet strict requirements that have been set out by our national health body, the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
(AHPRA is the organisation responsible for the implementation of the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme across Australia.)
The following are the qualifications of Dr Chris Hardwicke, principal dentist of Corinna Dental Group:
- He has been endorsed by AHPRA, which is the governing body for dentistry in Australia,
- He has obtained his Diploma in Clinical Dentistry in Sedation and Pain Control, which is the required postgraduate qualification for intravenous sedation dentistry, currently offered by the University of Sydney
- In addition, Dr Hardwicke had obtained a Masters in Pain Management from the University of Sydney (Master’s of Science in Medicine)
- He is a member of the Royal Australian College of Dental Surgeons (FRACDS)
- He has recently completed a Diploma in Clinical Dentistry and Sleep Medicine
The staff of Corinna Dental Group also have regular updates covering clinical management and emergency care. The safety and well-being of every person under their care is something that every member of the team is focussed on.
Listen to Dr Chris Hardwicke as he explains more about Intravenous Sedation at Corinna Dental or call our practice (any of our three locations) to arrange a consultation appointment.