Cost Of Dental Implants
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
One of the most frequent questions we receive about dental implants is “how much do dental implants cost?”. The honest answer is, “That depends.”
We can, of course, provide a ballpark figure over-the-phone if dental implants are on your radar. But each individual’s case has the potential to be unique, and final costs vary greatly from person to person.
It is impossible to give an accurate estimate without the individual attending the practice for a consultation.
Situations which may increase the cost of a dental implant placement include;
- The number of fixtures required
- Whether any special fixtures or abutments will be needed
- The type of prosthesis that will be placed onto the fixture/s
- Whether additional treatments are required to prepare the surgical site for fixture placement (for example, will the site need a bone graft so that there’s enough bone to hold the fixture firmly in place?)
- Whether a specialist’s involvement will be required for one or more parts of treatment
- Whether additional services are required after the dental implant is finished (for example, the construction of a nightguard to protect implant/s and teeth from the forces of clenching and grinding)
It’s often helpful to know that, since implants are placed in several stages, the fee is split into several corresponding stages, so you won’t need to pay for the service up front all at once.
If you are considering a dental implant to replace one or more missing teeth, please call the practice to make an appointment for a consultation.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Implants?
Once again, it depends.
Dental insurance policies vary quite a lot when it comes to coverage of services relating to the placement and maintenance of dental implants.
If you are considering dental implants, we can provide you with an estimate of fees and the associated item numbers after the consultation and planning process. To find out how much your insurance policy will cover, you can take the list of item numbers and ask your insurer to let you know your likely out-of-pocket payment.
We have HICAPs facilities in our rooms, and can process your claim for you as you pay for each stage of treatment.