Wedding Smile Guide: Dental Tips Leading Up To The Big Day
This is an excerpt from our special report, “A Canberra Bride’s Guide To A Beautiful Wedding Smiles”. Download the complete report here.
- Make an appointment with your dentist for a checkup as soon as you can! If you think you’ll need any changes made to your smile, you’ll need plenty of time to discuss this with your dental team and to plan your appointments. If you can, make an appointment with your dentist before you set your wedding date.
- Make sure all major and minor work has been completed at least two weeks before your big day (longer if you’ve had surgery), to ensure healing is complete
- Have a professional clean within two weeks of your big day
- In the two weeks prior, avoid foods and drinks that might damage or stain your teeth
- If you have whitening top-up trays, plan to use them for five days in the week before your wedding
- Continue meticulous daily care, including flossing and tongue cleaning
- Drink plenty of water in the 48 hours leading up to the wedding day
- Avoid strongly flavoured foods and beverages such as onions, garlic, curries, alcohol in the 48 hours leading up to your wedding day
- Make sure you pack your toothbrush, toothpaste and floss for your honeymoon
- Brush and floss well the night before
- Brush and floss well after breakfast on the morning of your wedding
- Consult your makeup artist about best time for a final brush- you don’t want to interfere with your lip makeup!
Check out our special report, “A Canberra Bride’s Guide To A Beautiful Wedding Smile”. Click here to download the full guide.